Did You Know?
- Of all the varieties of chocolate available, from white to milk, dark chocolate is the healthiest.
- Dark chocolate contains high levels of antioxidants that work to reduce your risk of cancer.
- Dark chocolate contains flavonoids that can decrease your blood pressure.
- The flavonoids in dark chocolate also help blood flow more smoothly, decreasing your risk of heart attack.
- The flavonoids in chocolate that help your blood flow more smoothly also improve your cardiovascular function.
- Some suggest the phenylethylamine in dark chocolate stimulates the nervous system, acting as an aphrodisiac.
- Cocoa contains substances known to kill the bacteria in your mouth that cause tooth decay and cavities.
- The higher cocoa content a chocolate has, the bigger the health benefit.
- White chocolate has none of the antioxidant benefits of other chocolates since it contains no cocoa.